Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Holy cow! That looks awesome! If you don't mind me asking, how much did that cost?

More than I want to calculate. But it has taken me just under a year so far, I go once a month, and each session is 300-600 depending on how long I can take it. The outlining alone was close to seven hours and I have a total of about 30 hours invested in it. I would say it will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 3K once it is all said and done.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
More than I want to calculate. But it has taken me just under a year so far, I go once a month, and each session is 300-600 depending on how long I can take it. The outlining alone was close to seven hours and I have a total of about 30 hours invested in it. I would say it will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 3K once it is all said and done.

Wow! That is a lot of time and money invested in that. Looks great!

Centaurr

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2015
Florida
just got a new one!!...... i did a inverted spider web on my left elbow. wanted this tatt for along time now. also added alittle purple with the black base so it can pop. will post a pic when it heals, lets give it about 1 month. i wish i would have used a lighter purple but i used a dark purple, still looks badass thou.

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
I am surprised this thread stalled! ?

My introduction to the fine art of tattoo's was late on, last year at the age of 50. Mine are all deeply personal and are expressions of my life, with the left forearm representing the past and the right being the present/future. I live with CPTSD as a result of repeated childhood abuses and this process has assisted me greatly to release a lot of stuff I kept hold of.

This is the first one I had applied, it's an ambigram with the words Reality/Fantasy on it as I live with constant auditory hallucinations, amongst other experiences of mental health.

IMG_6665.jpeg

IMG_6666(Edited).jpeg

This is the next one on my right forearm with the words Struggle/Strength applied in a graffiti style, as that was my first expression of creativity and rebellion in my youth!

IMG_E7271.jpeg

I'll come back with the additions to the Struggle/Strength one over the next couple of days and the latest ink I had applied last week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Louwen

Antares23

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2014
Chartres, France
My first and only tattoo, I got it in january
Flash done by my brother-in-law and tatted by my sister, paid 50 bucks for it (obviously as its my sister, she doesn't do these prices for everybody)
This has no meaning what so ever (and why should it be ?), I'm not even religious, I just liked the drawing, and also, I originally wanted a Baphomet on my right arm, but as it was on the christmas/new year eve period, my sister didn't had the time to do the drawing, and I was only there for 2 days, so I choosed a flash instead, postponed Baphomet for later
117592233_2779079492328568_4630676853536745000_n.jpg

Reactions: Bea220

rainafterthesun

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
i just realize I can’t post my tattoo bc it’s been repinned too many times so that’ll give away identity, but I got mine done @ bang bang nyc and I love it to pieces.

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
I just recently go this little guy a few months ago. I have a few more but this one is the most recent. My running coach says I have a hummingbird heartbeat when I run so...

Attachments

• 1603735198957.jpeg
    1603735198957.jpeg
    393 KB · Views: 223

MacorNothing

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2021
South France
the others :
butterfly made at San Diego in April 2019 and, my favorite
the feather made to Seattle in August 2018.

Sorry I can't to post the picture maybe .HEIC ? image type file is invalid ?
Please
Someone could me explain why ?

I try I try but I can't so sorry. My French friend @ecatomb help me so :
IMG_1188 (1).jpeg

Last edited:

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Nah I quite enjoy when someone recommends that I read a book. It just so happens that I'm quite fond of reading. ;) Don't you hate when young people aren't affected by what old guys say? ;)

Nah, it's actually fun watching them learn the same lessons I learned, in, roughly the same painful way. 'I tried to warn ya...'

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
View attachment 110313

means "virtue". It has the black outline and a deep red coloured fill.

I really regret getting it but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Pretty funny that I was on a cruise in Italy when someone started laughing and pointing at someone with a tattoo. The owner of said tat said that it symbolized their goals in life, and their inner strength. The laughing person said 'No, it literally means 'soup'.' They even proved it to the woman. Oops... She was so embarrassed, I actually didn't see her the rest of the cruise, which isn't all that unusual since it's rare for people to end up on the same excursions over and over (although there was a group of Aussies that we shared several on that trip with) but the thought of her hiding in shame made me sad. Does it really matter of they have an intricate 'soup' tattoo on their back? If it gives/gave them purpose and makes them feel good, isn't pointing it out cruel on some level?

Heck, my brother got a HUGE Dale Earnhardt signature tat across his back. *shrug*

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MacorNothing

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I used to get an email newsletter from a tattoo group. I really liked looking at the designs. I don't think I'll ever get a tattoo, but I have seen a lot that I'd love.

You have to be careful on what you want too. I decided that I wanted to get my birth date tattooed on my wrist. I mentioned the idea to a bunch of people, and was met with a surprise. A friend who was Jewish said that it would be too close to what his ancestors suffered with, being rounded up and tattooed. I was embarrassed to not remember that from school. Wow... Good thing I found out before I ever did it. I thought a few years ago to get my birth date done on my upper back in barcode, and a friend said 'why make 'their' work easier? When 'they' come, they will be likely tattooing expiration dates on all of us, and sorting us by that date.' I think he read too much scifi, or something... Wow...

Another tattoo idea quashed... (He did say a 'trampstamp' would be interesting:rolleyes:. His GF had 'Lucky you!' tattooed on her upper thigh. Interesting, but I hear it's gotten a lot more popular since)

I could always get 'SOUP' in some foreign language done, just to see if anyone realizes what it means.

GREAT tattoo though!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.