Postage question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by yg17, May 9, 2009.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

My mom is mailing out the invitations for my sister's wedding and on the RSVP return envelope, is including a stamp since making them pay seems sorta cheap and tacky. That works for people in the US, but the groom has some family in Canada and Australia that he's invting. And no amount of US postage on the return envelope will allow them to mail back the RSVP card to us. So is there anything we can get at the US post office that would allow them to mail the card back to us from their country without them having to pay for postage? Do US post offices sell foreign stamps?

I volunteered to fly to Canada and Australia to buy some local stamps if my mom paid for the airfare but she didn't like that idea :D

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I'd just swing by the post office and ask them what to do. They are usually pretty helpful in that regard with getting you the proper postage.

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If found this on the internet. It basically says talk to the post office too, but I also liked one of their ideas:

5. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Also, make sure you have enough postage for the states. The price is going from 42¢ to 44¢ this Monday. So if you are using Forever stamps, you are good, otherwise add some postage.

6. eldy macrumors 6502

and make sure that your return envelopes are regulation size or you will have to add extra postage.