Postbox Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stockcerts, Nov 4, 2011.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I am considering giving Postbox a try. I am not happy with the user interface with Mail. Does Postbox work well with Apple mail accounts? I don't use Gmail.

Thanks!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It works just as well as pretty much every other mail client. I don't see why anyone needs to pay for a mail client these days, but whatever floats your boat. There's a month-free trial.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I don't like the latest version of Postbox as much as the previous one. Also, "push" doesn't seem to work as well.

Wait...3 is out. I'm using 2.5!

4. fastmax macrumors member

In the past, email clients other than Apple's Mail have not worked well with all of the capabilities of mac.com and me.com accounts. This is because Apple provides additional functionality with Aliases and Notes (that sync to other devices) with Aliases being one of the nicest features. I have never seen any other email app that was able to integrate properly with all of these features. It would be interesting to know if Postbox can.

5. Jaffaman27, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011

Jaffaman27 macrumors member

My thoughts exactly..
    Before actually trying out Postbox.

It really is about twice as good as Apple Mail.
    Especially with gmail, it actually works.
    It makes my work so much less frustrating. And I'm happy to pay a small sum for apps that makes my life easier or let me do things more fast.

I'm a very happy customer indeed. :cool:

Can't say anything about .me tho, sorry.
    Still hard to see why it wouldn't work. Check their support, I'm sure there is some discussion about it(?)

EDIT: (This might be old information so there might have been some progress, but)
    "If you use MobileMe, Postbox doesn’t support MobileMe aliases natively. Microsoft Entourage 2008 has a similar problem. The workaround is to create separate accounts for each alias (which just adds to the visual clutter)."

So Aliases are apparently "secondary" mailboxes of some sort..?
    Anyway, if so, in Postbox you can have "groups" of mailboxes.
    Like have 3 accounts in a group "Work" and 2 accounts in a group "Personal" and in your case X accounts in a group "MobileMe". So you basically see only 1 mailbox for each group even tho they might contain several mailboxes/accounts (naturally you can browse each individually also).

Anyway, try the demo if it works for your needs. I like it a lot anyway and it works for my needs.
    Good Luck!

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Postbox is a paid version of Mozilla's Thunderbird. I won't compare Thunderbird to Mail because that is a matter of taste. However, you will not convince me that Postbox is better than Thunderbird because I cannot tell the difference between the two.

7. screce macrumors newbie

free thunderbird and the paid postbox has much difference,maybe there is no better. But the one satisfied you better. personally I love postbox,

8. Mawal macrumors regular

postbox integration into mac os is way better than thunderbird.

thunderbird will not save email adresses into the mac os adress book, for example