Posting photos on a bulletin board in UK

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by woody23, Feb 3, 2011.

1. woody23 macrumors newbie

:confused:As a new user of MacRumours because I can't get an answer from Apple themselves.
    Can anyone tell me how I can 'simply' post an image on to a bulletin board in the UK please ?

2. simsaladimbamba, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2013

simsaladimbamba

Attaching an image to your post

Upload the image to an image hosting site like www.tinypic.com and copy the link they provide and insert it to the post you want to make.
    It will have [IMG] and [/IMG] tags wrapped around it.

Btw, it has nothing to do with Apple, Mac OS X or the location you are (except when you live in a heavily censored country perhaps).

And most message boards also allow to attach images via the ATTACH button, on this board it looks like this: [​IMG].
    Or if you have you image uploaded somewhere else, you can also right click on the full sized version and select "COPY IMAGE ADDRESS" and use the INSERT IMAGE button, looking like this: [​IMG]

And now for a more visual approach, which shows these methods:
    • Uploading images via TinyPic and embedding them in a forum/message board post
    • Attaching images via the built in Attachment option and uploading an image to forum server
    • Embedding images already online via copying the image address

3. sim667 macrumors 65816

yup, they're right, it is literally NOTHING to do with any of the support companies you've been calling :D