Posting pics to macrumors from iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Natesac, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

I edited a photo on my iPad, i would like to put it in a post. How would one do that?

2. Lotso macrumors 6502

Lotso

You can use the ImageShack iPhone app to upload a picture to ImageShack.com. Then you can take the URL from ImageShack and use that to upload your image. I'm not sure if the iPhone app lowers the res, your going to have to test that out on your own. ;)

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

If you have a photobucket account, you could also use the photobucket app. Then paste the resulting url between the [​IMG]

4. Grainflow macrumors newbie

You can also do the same thing with MobileMe.

5. Philalbe macrumors 6502

I've run into that same problem as well. There's been times I've wanted to upload a photo to macrumors or facebook from my iPad but it's as if the site doesn't recognize the ipad as a computer and therefore won't allow you to browse and upload images. Strange. I wonder if that's something that could be addressed with an iPad software update?

6. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

iPad has a closed file system, so it doesn't allow you to browse for files like a computer. Yes, this can be enabled by a software fix, but Apple isn't likely to do that anytime soon, because their entire philosophy with regard to iPads is to keep the file system closed.

8. chain752 macrumors newbie

9. radiohed macrumors regular

It would be nice if the photo app on the ipad had the publish to facebook option like iphoto has. That will probably happen eventually. The ability to upload images for forums etc would be great too! :)

10. Baschdi616 macrumors newbie

You can publish pictures to Facebook with the app Photogene. :)

11. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

Would someone mind explaining how you upload pictures here to MacRumors using MobileMe? Do you copy the web page's URL when in MobileMe? I tried and pasted it between img tags, but it didn't show up when I previewed the post.

Thanks for your help..

12. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

It has nothing to do with the iPad. It's the board software. The best bet is to go with what others said.

13. Ganges macrumors member

Closed file system Huh. I'm new to Apple products, and the mighty Jobs, but i'm finding difficult to gasp this whole concept of being told by Apple how I can use a $700 product I had to purchase. Didn't Apple have a big fancy superbowl commercial in 1984 showing how it was a anti conformist company? Why must I now conform?

Yeah, here it is....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYecfV3ubP8 So what the hell happened Steve?

14. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

Again its not apple. This board software as with all board software is designed to really work on a actual computer.

Though I agree that the iPhone, iPods and iPad should have it so when you hook it up you can easy add, remove and view its files. May be not the system files but user files.

15. doodude macrumors regular

doodude

Im just play devils advocate, but did you "have" to purchase a $700 product?

I have an older iMac, its a lovely blue one, & I have 2 iPads & an iPhone that I love, but I just cant deal with the closed system mentality of Apple so I have PC's...

16. iSlanderous macrumors regular

i upload the pics from my iP4 using dropbox and post from my ipad, after getting the URL of course.