Posting video guides

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by angelwatt, Aug 27, 2009.

1. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

With Snow Leopard having built-in screen recording options (at least from what I've read), this would be a good way to demonstrate how to fix or tweak your system, and overall show solutions to problems. Currently, I have seen some people post links to YouTube where people have posted videos, but what about having a way to post videos here at Mac Rumors.

I'm not suggesting embedding the videos directly into threads (as that would definitely lead to problems), but the Mac Guides area might be a good spot to be able to post them. Then, people could provide a link in the thread to those videos.

I'm not sure how compressed these screen recordings will be (and thus a typical file size), so not sure how much of a burden it would be to host them on Mac Rumors, but I know I plan to use the screen recording to do just as I have described. I'm just not sure where I'll be posting the videos.

2. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

I hate embedded videos. They should be linked which guess what? you can do that now.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Er

Interesting idea, however I guess youtube is free and easy enough to use and link to that it would probably be the suggested route.

4. angelwatt thread starter Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

You didn't actually read the post did you?

Quite possibly, but I thought it would be better looking if it was a more integrated experience rather than being sent away to another web site. Storing them here could even be a source of ad revenue if ads were put into the videos.