Posts removal

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by jmpantalone, Apr 21, 2008.

1. jmpantalone macrumors newbie

Does anyone know how to remove my posts that i created

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Click the Report Post icon ([​IMG]) next to your post and ask the moderators to please remove it for you. :)

Or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page if it's a broader request.

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

4. oblomow macrumors 68020

oblomow

Great, has this been recently added to the FAQ? I've searched for it several times and did find the 'edit' entry, but nothing about send a pm to the moderators. Anyhow, thanks for putting it in the FAQ and reminding me (us?) about it.

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

We added the "How do I edit or delete my post?" section on November 26, 2007. (The Wiki history feature told me that!)

Using the Report Post feature is almost always preferable to sending a Private Message to a moderator. Post reports go to whichever moderators are available. If you send a PM to one moderator in particular, they may not happen to be around or may not be available to help you just then. The exception is if you are sending a followup about a previous conversation with that moderator, but that's unlikely to be the case if you simply want a post removed.

Use the Contact Form if you want to bring up an issue with the administrators and require a reply.