Potential feature for iOS 8

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Sdreed91, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Sdreed91 macrumors 6502

I was on my phone at work the other day and ready to purchase Tweetbot for Mac and thought wouldn't it be nice if I could make Mac App purchases from my iPhone that way I could get home and it would be downloaded when I got there.

Obviously it would have to be clearly marked as a Mac app. Maybe this could be a feature could only be accessed if the owner of said "i" device is a Mac owner. (Yes I know they would have to be a Mac owner to purchase Mac App store apps. However, this feature may only be accessible if the "i" device is registered with a Mac?)

Does anyone else have any ideas on this?

2. Nevaborn macrumors 65816

Nevaborn

Possibly if in a seperate mac area of the app store. Same for iPad apps. Be very handy actually.

3. Sdreed91 thread starter macrumors 6502

My thoughts exactly. I usually don't have a specific as to what I would like to see in any OS update. However, this is something I think would be actually useful and as you put it neat.

Being able to work directly within a notification would be a great improvement as well. Something similar to Mavericks but more in depth for a mobile device. Respond to texts, emails. Change reminder times from the lock screen etc.

I really hope now that Apple has seemingly gotten iOS to look the way they want they could focus on features they are beneficial to the OS as a whole and to users.

4. Nevaborn macrumors 65816

Nevaborn

Replying to a text direct in notification or having the optin for quick reply is doable. I would like twitter and Facebook buttons returned with picture support. So i can select pictures and upload if doing that or add a pic to a quick message I decided to do.