Potential iPhone buyer: Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dreamer2go, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Dreamer2go macrumors 6502a

I am seriously considering an iphone, but I have a few questions

1) How big are movies usually? Like say...Harry Potter or something. Does the file size goes up to 1GB or something?
    (This will help me decide if I should get a 8GB or 16GB)
    2) How is the GPS? Will i get good reception and accuracy if I drive a car with it? (Does it even work under...tunnels? lol)
    3) Will Turn by turn GPS becomes available in the future? (It says in the Apple website, that the iphone has turn by turn directions)
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/maps.html
    4) Copy and Paste....I wonder if this feature will be available in the future?
    5) Are there any mobile MSN messenger for the Iphone? I use MSN more than AIM.
    Thank you for your answers!

2. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

1. I will usually get MP4 ready movies already, and they arent usually 1gb. Usually range from 300-800MB.
    2. GPS works good for me. Its pinpoints me everytime, and always help. Thought i dont know if it will work under a tunnel.
    3. On apple, they mean its turn by turn. but you have to tell the phone when your ready. But no one knows if it will be a feature
    4. No one knows yet
    5. You can use MSN on Meebo.

3. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

5. Palringo and MobileChat in the App Store both have MSN in it as well as AIM and Yahoo.

4. Doju macrumors 68000

Copy and paste as well as turn by turn will most likely be coming in the future. We currently have 'manual turn by turn' which means once you hit 'the corner of Main Street' you'll have to hit the arrow for the next direction, instead of it automatically doing it.

Manually versus automatic is no big deal, imo.

5. Pain macrumors regular

On my 8GB iPod Touch, I have The Simpsons Movie, Family Guy Movie, Family Guy episodes, 500 songs, 200 photos and 50 applications, with 2GB left. I still say get the 16GB...

Some applications have MSN, but you could just use Windows Live Messenger's website... it gives you mobile status.

6. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Rob McLovin (what a great name!) is right; 300-800mb is more like it. I'd say it'd be closer to 800 than 300 most of the time; I think most of my regular length DVD movies that I've ripped for iPod touch / iPhone quality are around 750mb.

andy.

7. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

-i have converted more then my fair share of movies to ipod format, most of them come in under 600mb.
    -my GPS works fine
    -And i sue beejive for msn. its a web app so its free and it works perfect. Also i have heard of beejive being released in the app store in the future so that will be even better then the web version

8. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0