Potential iPhone customer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iceman6, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Iceman6 macrumors newbie

Hello all,
    I live in Autstralia and have contemplaited buying an iPhone for quite a while now, and have heard some rumors of a new iPhone being released in Q1/Q2 of 2009, should I wait or wouldnt it be worth it?
    also, wats the data usage like on an iPhone? and would a software update add a push email service?

Thanks,
    Iceman6

2. Daveecee macrumors regular

Wait until the January 6th announcement. If something is announced, buy the iPhone. If nothing is announced, by the iPhone.

3. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

I'd just buy it now. Unless you NEED 32GBs of space, it's not worth waiting.

4. Daveecee macrumors regular

Yet if they release a 32GB iPhone, even if the OP doesn't need 32 gigs, it's likely that they will reduce the price of the 16GB and have the 32GB iPhone cost what the 16GB version does presently (and remove the 8GB iPhone option).

5. TheMBC macrumors 6502

Or if you can wait six months, odds are that an entirely new iPhone will be released in Late June/Early July.

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

The "new" iPhone rumor deals with a lesser model, more likely to be something like a Razr that doesn't do as much data stuff. The other thing is a storage bump to 32GB, which may include a price cut (I'm just guessing on that).

I haven't seen squat about any later updates, so I wouldn't wait for any of that. Maybe a better camera, little bit better battery life.

As far as push e-mail, yes, that would be software (if your provider does it). Data usage, my stats say 209MB, which is probably over a couple of months.