Potential iphone newbie

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DMX-512, Sep 26, 2009.

1. DMX-512 macrumors newbie

I am thinking of switching from verizon, getting an iphone and have some questions.
    After searching these forums it seems to me that;
    1) there is currently no way to create/view/edit word/pages, numbers/excel documents on an iphone and share them with a MBP
    2) download files from the internet, save them on iphone and transfer them to MBP

What 3rd party apps will allow this? Which one(s) do you all suggest?
    It seems very odd that the iphone, in stock form, is not a very productive device. I mean, I can do simple math in order to figure out the tip at a restaurant and I seriously doubt that the compass feature will be of much use in the Daniel Boone National Forest or Appalachian Trail. No doubt the iphone is a very well engineered device but I would also like it to work for me.

Thanks

2. jp70 macrumors member

To Apps I use are DocsToGo ($6.99 & $9.99 w/Exchange) and Quickoffice Mobile ($9.99). DocsToGo can sync with your iMac with an app. Quickoffice can transfer files to your computer, just not as easily as the sync option of DocsToGo IMO. However, Quickoffice can sync to your MobileMe iDisk. Making it easy to then get the documents to print from any computer. Print n Share ($6.99) is an excellent app to print docs from your iPhone.

I would recommend the Quickoffice over DocsToGo.

3. DMX-512 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool. Thanks.
    I guess i have always thought of Doc to Go as a Palm app. Boy was I wrong, they have been busy.

Any input/tips on the downloading files from Safari to a folder on the iphone?

Thanks again