Potential Macbook Pro Screen Problem PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by d0tMAC, Aug 19, 2008.

1. d0tMAC macrumors newbie

I have a 2.4 Ghz Penryn 15.4 inch Macbook Pro that I got about a year ago. I just recently started noticing that when I move the screen of the Macbook Pro forward, there is a thin line that is on the left edge of the screen that is sometimes blue, light blue, green, white, etc. It only happens when I move the screen forward, not backwards. It goes away immediately after I stop moving the display. Is this a problem? I will post a picture of what it looks like below this. What do you guys think the problem could be? My one year apple care expires in about a week. Should I get it checked out? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I don't think that normal, go and check it out with apple asap

3. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

I saw someone post on this a few days ago and there have been other complaints.

Apparently, it is caused when a person such as I, right-handed, shuts the screen with the right corner, causing extra strain on the LEFT hinge. This is where the ribbon cable connects, and they're saying that it loosens part of the cable causing this to happen.

I know that this is like going to the doctor and saying "when I pinch my cheek, it hurts," but if you lightly push on the screen right where the line appears, you can make it come back.

When I get a break from needing mine, I'm going to take it to Apple to have them fix it. I don't see how it could get anything but worse, so I'm not going to just leave it alone.

4. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

Hah! I always close my laptops dead center of the screen because I felt it was putting too much stress on it otherwise.

I always knew I was a genius :D

5. YouArentJ macrumors member

YouArentJ

I'm glad I close mine from the center (although I don't think I would call that genius)

6. zsft macrumors regular

HAHAha so steve jobs wanted to see if everyone's gonna jump out and blame the GPU if the screen started moving. that's the best, i wish my dell can play tricks like that.

7. isauce macrumors regular

isauce

Yes, its probably the GPU failing now. GO asap, and get your logic board replaced!

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Or maybe the LCD cable is loose?

9. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

Much much much much much.... much more likely. :)

10. isauce macrumors regular

isauce

Alright, I retract my last statement. :rolleyes:

11. Macmel macrumors 6502

Just a non-related question: How did you get a penryn MBP 5 to 6 months before they were released?. Who are you!!!!:cool:

12. isauce macrumors regular

isauce

Do tell! I want to know, are you Steve Jobs? :rolleyes:

13. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

Genius! It's Steve probing the rest of us about problems.

Wait... bad image. Steve Jobs - probing - me.

:eek: