Potential nightmare

Felchus09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
i was fortunate enough to get a preorder for delivery on launch day, but I noticed my shipping address is incorrect. The way I entered my shipping and billing info was where my street number is on the line above my street name. So it may appear to the computer system that my street name is actually an apartment number. I am wondering if Apple will cancel my order as the shipping info is not correct. Since it’s preparing to ship, I can’t modify it. Does anyone know how this may play out?

rbori

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2017
I would wait for phone to go to the carrier (USPS or Fed Ex) and then contact them directly.
On my order it says that it will be overnight so I would contact them on the 2nd.
Try contacting Apple too and see if they can make the change to the shipping address but I would NOT cancel the order !!!!
Good luck

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
If it's preparing to ship then it's likely boxed and ready for a label so I don't think you need to worry about it not shipping. However, it might not be a terrible thing to call Apple and let them know. They can pass on the info to UPS. Typically how shipping works is that it's sorted by zip code so no one is even looking at your address until it gets to the local station. If there is confusion about the address they will call you from the local station. But they are well trained in address label goofs and can usually figure it out though it might cost a day in delivery time.

Another alternative is register for a UPS My Choice acct. and download the UPS app. Once it ships redirect delivery to p/u at the UPS station or UPS store. Then you don't have to worry about whether it gets to the right address.

Last edited:
Reactions: jtrue28

MacQork

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2017
i was fortunate enough to get a preorder for delivery on launch day, but I noticed my shipping address is incorrect. The way I entered my shipping and billing info was where my street number is on the line above my street name. So it may appear to the computer system that my street name is actually an apartment number. I am wondering if Apple will cancel my order as the shipping info is not correct. Since it’s preparing to ship, I can’t modify it. Does anyone know how this may play out?
Just call Apple and get it sorted or get an answer to how things will progress from here. No one can help you atm but Apple.

Felchus09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Did call Apple yesterday and the rep was unsure of what would happen, but sent a request to correct the address. I’m just afraid Apple will cancel the order bc when they go to verify the address the system may think it’s not a valid address. If Apple doesn’t cancel it, I will definitely contact ups to pick up at hub. Fingers crossed that it goes through ok.

Reactions: webbuzz

webbuzz

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2010
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Did call Apple yesterday and the rep was unsure of what would happen, but sent a request to correct the address. I’m just afraid Apple will cancel the order bc when they go to verify the address the system may think it’s not a valid address. If Apple doesn’t cancel it, I will definitely contact ups to pick up at hub. Fingers crossed that it goes through ok.
That's the best course of action.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
You can change it from the Apple page with no problem.

Felchus09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
I have tried that, but since it’s preparing for shipment Apple no longer allows for a change in shipping address.