Potential Problem with iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Stryking, May 1, 2014.

1. Stryking macrumors newbie

Hello there everyone! I've been lurking around here from time to time now that I'm so close to being Apple-free I've ironically signed up to do a "small" issue I'm having.

A few weeks ago I purchased a second-hand iPod Touch from a friend to get back into the Apple community. I quickly discovered I didn't need all the bells and whistles from Apple and decided to sell it. This transaction is happening Monday but due to a rather serious bump in the road I might be the proud owner of a brick.

During school today my iPod suffered blunt force trauma after it fell out of my gym locker onto the floor. I thought nothing of it after it turned on okay and the screen was intact. I brought it home on low battery and plugged it in to charge. I quickly realized that my iPod was not charging so I turned it off and on again to no avail. The following happened...

1. I turned off the iPod and plugged it in. The Apple logo appeared and the iPod booted. Although the cable forced it to boot it didn't charge after that first appearance of the logo. Restarting it did the same thing.

2. After the iPod died I plugged the cable back in. I got the low battery sign with a picture of the lightning cable with a bolt above it for a few seconds. And then it appeared again. I get it for about 6 seconds and then 4 seconds of a black screen before it appears again.

Anyone have an idea of what's up? Is it the cable? What can I do?

2. stiligFox macrumors 6502a

stiligFox

3. bmxracer macrumors member

bmxracer

I had that happen to me before also, it turned out I just needed to replace the cable. I could sometimes get it to charge a little with the bad cable by changing the angles of the cable towards both the end of my computer and ipod. I also found it would work better using my wall charger.

4. afsnyder macrumors 65816

An iPod Touch 4th Generation will likely have such bad battery life that it'll die before it can be charged.

I have one that is fine with battery for a couple hours. My friend borrowed his friends for some app testing but that iPod couldn't hold a charge and had to be plugged into a wall socket to charge rather than a USB port.

5. MinBCrafter macrumors newbie

6. MyiBill macrumors 6502