potential problem with my iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by p01ntbLanK, Dec 31, 2007.

1. p01ntbLanK macrumors newbie

I got my iphone about a week ago..Christmas time..I've been noticing that the battery goes down half way with about 1.5 hours of internet use..is that normal? Also..my safari crashes atleast 4-5 a day..is this normal? Should I go exchange my phone for a new at the apple store. I kno I sound kind of paranoid but after paying $400 I wanna make sure I have a properly working device. Please help. Thanks.

2. oseary macrumors member

What firmware is your device? Is Bluetooth and/or Wifi always on? How bright is your screen? All of those factors do play a role in how quickly the battery depletes.

3. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

The touch screen, the Wifi, the backlight for the screen. With the possibility of Bluetooth running, all of these can certainly reduce your battery time. The phone needs to render out the pages as well I might add.

Its not unusual for Safari to crash at times, I've found that after quite a bit of uptime the phone apps tend to crash more often. Turning the phone on and off has cleared up a lot of these problems for me but at the end of the day the software isn't fully complete in my eyes.

Still plenty of bugs that need to be squashed.

4. p01ntbLanK thread starter macrumors newbie

the brightness is about half way..maybe a little less. bluetooth is off. my battery drains about half way..maybe a little less while using wifi. is this a problem?

5. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

It depends. I've noticed that if I were to turn my phone on, and JUST use internet and text, i get ~5 hours of use. If I use phone, music, non-screen stuff, i get another 2-3 hours.

Either do a torture test of just internet and see how long before it gets low (check your useage stats for the exact number) or just check your usage when you go to charge. That'll give you an idea.

6. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

That would be more less like the one I have. Its not that bad. WiFi is a battery killer