Potential Security/Privacy Glitch in iOS 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SAD*FACED*CLOWN, Jun 23, 2010.

1. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

I'm using a 3GS on iOS 4 Here's the skinny:

I'm the "other guy" for this chick I met a few weeks ago and today she sent me a text message that said "thinking of you". I replied: "thinking of you too ;)"...a few moments later I get a text from a strange number saying "who's this?"...I reply "you texted me first"...they then text "no, you sent me a smiley"...I look at my text messages and I see my reply to my booty call and above the message it reads: "GROUP MMS" and in the details I see her number and the number of the person who texted me...turns out the text she sent me she also sent to her boyfriend...now I knew she had a boyfriend when we met but the problem is that I was able to see that she sent her message to someone else in addition to myself and when I replied to it, I replied to the other person that she sent it to and that person gained access to my phone number...Group Messaging is new to iOS 4 but I wonder, is this a glitch? Oh and I'm not sure if it matters or not but she also uses a iPhone 3G that's on older software....and I've tested this with a friend who is using iOS 4 and it can be turned on and off

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Nope.

This is what happens when you're "the other guy."

3. Ogrillion macrumors member

Gotta say thats a pretty crappy women to be sending thinking of you txt to you and her current BF :confused:

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

5. SAD*FACED*CLOWN thread starter macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

LMAO...right, I like how I was able to prove she was a liar though

6. SAD*FACED*CLOWN thread starter macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

thee has been warned! Mass text is not private when "group messaging" is on

7. og1 macrumors regular

seems like an additional feature. WHORE ID System? No?

8. outphase macrumors 65816

I have received mass MMSes recently from non-iPhones, and I can see all recipients of the MMS so long as group messaging is on. The lesson is that if you don't want the group to know about each other, do not message them as a group. Same with emails (other than bcc).

9. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

Now if you could just get a custom SMS alert tone and have it play "Bizarre Love Triangle" you'd be in business! :D