Pouch Vs Wallet

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TuiSong, Nov 17, 2011.

1. TuiSong macrumors regular

I'm looking for a nice leather case. I think I will either get a Sena Hampton, bookbook or an ikonic pouch case. I need the couple of slots for cards and face protection. But I am wondering what the pros and cons for pouch vs wallet style are?

The pouches look really nice and minimal, but the phone has no protection when it is not in the pouch. I think I would fit a skin to prevent scratches, but what about the drops? For those who have dropped a phone, when was it, during use? when you are getting it out of a pouch to answer it, or are the drops more likely from things like being knocked off a table, or falling out of a pocket during activity. Do you find it awkward to have a pouch hanging around when you are using the phone, what do you do with it?

Wallet style seem like they would offer more all round protection as they stay on while you are using the phone, but is it too much bulk. Does the wallet get in the way of comfortable use.

2. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Personally I use a Sena slim pouch as it was cheaper than the ikonic and looks very classy. I also use a SGP skin on the front which has been on for over a year and a cheap eBay one on the back.

If you drop the phone while in the pouch it will be fine. Not the best for protection though as most of the time you are running naked when it is out of the pouch.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

All subjective matters. A skin won't help with impact damage.