Powepoint vs Keynote

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LeiQQ, Nov 5, 2011.

1. LeiQQ macrumors regular

LeiQQ

I get Office free from my uni but it's about the only Mac software they offer free for students. Is Keynote better? Is it worth the money? I have no trial because my mini came with server software and I installed sl later on. I give loads of presentations. What's your opinions?

2. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

I've never used PowerPoint for Mac 2011 but I have used PowerPoint 2010 on Windows and Keynote '09 on the Mac. You probably could do some pretty decent looking presentations with PowerPoint but I would say Keynote is far superior, as you do impressive animations and transitions with very little effort with Keynote

Keynote is pretty cheap on the App Store. You can download the 30 day trial of the entire iWork suite to see how you find it. Microsoft also provide a trial for their Office 2011 for Mac suite too.

3. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

here is my 2cents

if you have been a microsoft user, then you will be happy with powerpoint. if you aren't a microsoft user, then by all means go to keynote.
    i happen to use both, and i find keynote to be way superior in transition and all that fun stuff. but the thing is, i have been a Microsoft user so everything a bit "new" i guess and i didn't like it all too much .. partly because i had no idea how to use it and all :p

i believe the Apple Stores have Pages on their computers [correct me if i am wrong] so you may wanna go check it out ; or you can always youtube Powerpoint vs Keynote :)

now im not sure what you mean by "i have no trial"
    but here is a trial :)
    http://www.apple.com/iwork/download-trial/

One thing to note is Keynote is part of iWork 09; which means it kinda is "outdated" in a sense. And powerpoint isn't really "taking advantage of OS X LION] But it is still perfect and really amazing IMHO :D

4. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

Keynote is absolutely amazing compared to PowerPoint. Presentations look much nicer and the transitions are much more advanced. Just download the trial for iWork and try it out.