Power Adapter Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Clusty, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Clusty macrumors regular

I've been having a problem with my power adapter for my MacBook. It just started about a week ago, and I'll have had this computer a year this December.

When I plug the computer up, the power adapter turns on and off. The light goes green when I first put it in, then changes to orange, then goes off. It repeats this at most 5 minutes, then stops. Also, it will randomly do this too.

2. zirkle2007 macrumors 6502

zirkle2007

So is it charging the battery at all? I know my light shuts off after a bit when my battery is full.

If not I'd take it to an Apple Store or call Apple. I'd think they'll give you a new one since you are under warranty.

3. Clusty thread starter macrumors regular

I know what you're talking about, and no, it's not doing that. When the light goes off, it doesn't charge, but then it comes right back on.

4. Rotary8 macrumors regular

I've had the thin cable burn right through just off the brick. Called apple support and explained to them my house could've burned down and demaned a new one. They sent me a new one but now the plastic wire coat is starting to peel again. wtf. And yes, it started to kill power to my mbp.

5. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

there have been a multitude of problems with the magsafe power adapters. i believe they've all been internally recalled, and you can't buy a new one right now. theres very common problems with the insulation fraying and causing sparks and shorts, and almost all of them develop the light-turning-off issue.