Power Adapter question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Vertigo50, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Vertigo50, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012

Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

[​IMG]I purchased a US AC adapter piece for my Macbook Pro. It's the "duck head" piece that slides off the power adapter to make room for the longer extension cord. If you don't know what I mean, I've included a picture.

Anyway, the seller said it's a genuine Apple version, but it's a different manufacturer, so I'm just curious what manufacturer is listed on YOUR duck head.

Does anyone have something other than "Volex" on theirs? You have to slide it off and look at the gray part for the manufacturer name. If you don't mind taking a minute to look at it, list the manufacturer here in this thread.

:)

2. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Mine also says Volex... funny that Apple didn't put their logo on this little piece of hardware ;)

3. ObuckiO macrumors regular

On the flat part of little part it says: D WELL SHIN E P J..&...LR, but reversed. Apple Japan on big part (Liteon tech.)Late 08.. MBP

4. iforbes macrumors 6502

Mine says what his says....i think...it's awfully hard to read. ;)

Late 2011 MBP

5. Vertigo50 thread starter macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Mine is a D Well, but I wanted to wait and see if anyone had one of these before I posted that.

It seems that this really is an OEM part, then, and it looks and feels brand new, so I'm very happy.

6. BreakGuy macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

7. Heebeejeebies macrumors regular

Heebeejeebies

Same. Although mine says Japan. Mine also says "A laptop" in very very tiny letters under the amperage and voltage...

On my long wire one it says Volpex.

8. ObuckiO macrumors regular

You made us strain our eyes for nothing..:D i had to dig out all the clutter to get to that thing. lol, Alright:cool:

9. Vertigo50 thread starter macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Heh. Sorry about that. ;)

It wasn't for nothing, though. I confirmed that mine is an OEM part, and now we know that Apple uses at least two manufacturers for these duck heads. That's something. Sorry about your eyes, though...

:D

10. warvanov macrumors 6502a

I have at least four of five of these. Of the three I have handy, two say Volex and one says D Well Shin EPJ.