Power Adapter question

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
I purchased a US AC adapter piece for my Macbook Pro. It's the "duck head" piece that slides off the power adapter to make room for the longer extension cord. If you don't know what I mean, I've included a picture.

Anyway, the seller said it's a genuine Apple version, but it's a different manufacturer, so I'm just curious what manufacturer is listed on YOUR duck head.

Does anyone have something other than "Volex" on theirs? You have to slide it off and look at the gray part for the manufacturer name. If you don't mind taking a minute to look at it, list the manufacturer here in this thread.

:)

Last edited:

ObuckiO

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
ImageI purchased a US AC adapter piece for my Macbook Pro. It's the "duck head" piece that slides off the power adapter to make room for the longer extension cord. If you don't know what I mean, I've included a picture.

Anyway, the seller said it's a genuine Apple version, but it's a different manufacturer, so I'm just curious what manufacturer is listed on YOUR duck head.

Does anyone have something other than "Volex" on theirs? You have to slide it off and look at the gray part for the manufacturer name. If you don't mind taking a minute to look at it, list the manufacturer here in this thread.

:)
On the flat part of little part it says: D WELL SHIN E P J..&...LR, but reversed. Apple Japan on big part (Liteon tech.)Late 08.. MBP

iforbes

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011
On the flat part of little part it says: D WELL SHIN E P J..&...LR, but reversed. Apple Japan on big part (Liteon tech.)Late 08.. MBP
Mine says what his says....i think...it's awfully hard to read. ;)

Late 2011 MBP

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Mine is a D Well, but I wanted to wait and see if anyone had one of these before I posted that.

It seems that this really is an OEM part, then, and it looks and feels brand new, so I'm very happy.

Heebeejeebies

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2011
New Jersey
Same. Although mine says Japan. Mine also says "A laptop" in very very tiny letters under the amperage and voltage...

On my long wire one it says Volpex.

ObuckiO

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Mine is a D Well, but I wanted to wait and see if anyone had one of these before I posted that.

It seems that this really is an OEM part, then, and it looks and feels brand new, so I'm very happy.
You made us strain our eyes for nothing..:D i had to dig out all the clutter to get to that thing. lol, Alright:cool:

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
You made us strain our eyes for nothing..:D i had to dig out all the clutter to get to that thing. lol, Alright:cool:
Heh. Sorry about that. ;)

It wasn't for nothing, though. I confirmed that mine is an OEM part, and now we know that Apple uses at least two manufacturers for these duck heads. That's something. Sorry about your eyes, though...

:D

warvanov

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2011
I have at least four of five of these. Of the three I have handy, two say Volex and one says D Well Shin EPJ.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.