Power and Saftey

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Samuriajackon, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Samuriajackon macrumors 6502

Samuriajackon

So i was gonna replace my dinky 200GB HD for a 500GB one this morning but I don't see anything about what to do with the battery before I get to the hardware. Am i at risk of shocking another part if I don't completely run down the battery?
    :confused:

2. monoxera macrumors member

Dude, first of all, putting your personal email in your signature is not a wise idea.

2nd of all, what are you talking about the battery? You should just seperate the battery from the whole laptop altogether. put it like on your bed or your desk. just somewhere different location from where you're disassembling yo mvp

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

No, but you're going to want to ground yourself before you do anything on the inside of your machine.

It's only a Yahoo address. It's not like he can't get another one when the phishers go after that one.

4. monoxera macrumors member

Look, putting your personal out in the public is just plain dangerous, whether it's a gmail, yahoo, hotmail, msn, daum, naver, etc. Ok? Just stop arguing with me please. I don't want this topic to be turned into flaming between you and I so PM me if you have a problem

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Haha. Calm down there killer.

It's not dangerous unless you're downloading the attachments you get sent, and even that's not going to do much in OS X. Cool the overreaction and stop fearmongering.

6. tofagerl macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

You don't need to remove the battery if it's one of the new UMBs with non-user-replacable battery. Otherwise, you should.