Power button and warranty

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Paulos, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Paulos macrumors newbie

Hello,

Ive only had my iphone for 18 days now! Yesterday my girlfriend got her self an iphone as well. I then noticed that my power button was no where near as clicky as on the new iphone. Also ive noticed that one side is sitting alot lower to the case then the other. Im getting worried that soon it will break and sit flush/turn on and off constantly like ive seen in a couple of posts. Anyone had any experience in trying to exchange a unlocked phone on a hardware fault in the uk?

Heres a picture of what i mean.

[​IMG]

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If its unlocked/hacked you'll have a hard time receiving support for a product that you voided the terms of aggrement.

3. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Mine looks like that as well. I'm sure it's normal.

4. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

It looks about the same as my button.

In the US they will check the phone and if its unlocked, they won't help you.

5. Paulos thread starter macrumors newbie

Well seems abit sketchy they wouldn't fix a hardware fault because of the phone being unlocked. They can say all they want but with the laws in the UK being different i'm not sure if they can get away with it.

I might call apple on the phone and see what they say.

If its normal i might just keep it im just worried as the phone is only like 3 weeks old and its still in perfect condition. If the button did break down the line when its not in such a perfect condition they might claim i dropped it or something and not replace it then.

6. senorFunkyPants macrumors 6502

senorFunkyPants

Your UK warranty is not dependant on activating it with O2 however I would restore the software back to factory condition before taking it to Apple.
    Having said that, if your iphone is still working I don't see on what basis you can expect them to change it.

7. Paulos thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah while its still fully working its not as easy to press as the new phone we have and also at the very least i might ask if its possible for the store to write a note or something to show that i did come in with a slightly recessed button at the time but not enough for a replacement. Im just worried that if in a months time the phone isnt in the condition it is in now that they would refuse under the basis that i could of potentially dropped it or something.