iPad Pro Power Button Issue?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Simplicated, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

I am noticing some strange behavior with the power button on my iPad Pro. If I leave the display off for a while and I press the power button to wake the device up, sometimes the display turns off after turning on for a split second, as if I pressed the power button twice. If I press the power button again, this doesn't happen until I put the device the sleep for a while again.

Is anyone seeing this behavior? I'm really hoping it's a software issue...

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Have you tried just using the home button on the front of the screen? When I lift my cover my iPad Air 2 wakes up with no problem.

3. MrAngry83 macrumors newbie

MrAngry83

I also got this issue. Should I return it for a new one or wait for the new firmware?. Not sure the problem comes from the firmware or hardware. Has Anyone experienced this one?

4. LarryB08 macrumors newbie

I also have this exact same problem.
    I hope an update fixes it but the smart cover and home button both seem to work fine for now.
    Of course I have been reading about power issues with the new ipad pro after charging as well.
    So it does seem that power / power button issues exist and that Apple will need to get a fix out very soon.

5. Daku93 macrumors regular

6. mlo0its macrumors newbie

I wanted to bring up this older issue (see OP's post) as it seems to still be happening for me even after upgrading to the latest firmware iOS 9.3. Even when I bought the iPad Pro last month in February, it still had this issue with iOS 9.2.1. Does anyone still have this problem?

7. Legendts macrumors regular

Legendts

OK guys I'm having it too with my old iPad 3. It's random and not consistent. Also have latest update so guessing it is a software issue.