Power button loose?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by maxap, Feb 5, 2012.

1. maxap, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012

maxap macrumors 6502

maxap

Hey guys,

I have just noticed that the power button of my MacBook Pro (2010) is a bit loose.
    http://youtu.be/-uYOEu8OBzY
    Is it also the case with your power button?

As far as I remember, I didn't see the same "problem" with my old MacBook Pro (2008). Maybe it is nothing, but I am a bit worried. The power button works perfectly (very hard to press) and is perfectly flush with the top case. It just moves from one side to another if you gently move it and makes this metallic sound.

Do you know how the mechanism of the button looks like? This is the power button itself:
    [​IMG]

I am just curious to know what can be found under the button. Unfortunately, there is practically no info about it on the internet.
    Can that mechanism become weak after some "heavy use"?

Thanks for your replies. :eek:

2. john.zen89 macrumors newbie

Same problem.

Hi mate,

I also have a similar loose power button like yours. It functions fine, however is very loose when touched.

I have had my new macbook changed 3 times as i had multiple issues with each other, so everything thing seems to be fine on this with the exception of the loose power button.

I just wanted to know if you have had it checked out by anyone lately like at the apple store as I'm pretty sure I'll piss off the people at my local store if I bring it in once again.

Anyways, let me know what been happening with yours mate!

3. jamstock macrumors newbie

I have the exact same issue with my new 2012 cMBP... anyone else having this problem, and did you resolve it?