Power Button

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Optimus Primes, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Optimus Primes macrumors member

This from the Bent Screen II thread.

I got this replacement and the power button seems flimsy and moves in its place (not up and down) but a little side by side.

Anybody else have the same thing or is it really solid?

2. alexh123drum macrumors member

3. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

My Power Button moves very slightly when I put my finger on it and move sideways. But even if it moves, I can't see it affecting normal operation: pressing on it (downward force) briefly.

4. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

Well you are obviously looking for a specific answer so just tell us what you want to hear and we can take care of that...

It's a power button seriously. You will use it maybe once or twice per day... It's not a reason to take it in to an Apple store unless you very close by.. Just live with it or deal with getting it fixed.

Those are your options.

5. Optimus Primes thread starter macrumors member

I am just curious if its normal. I can move mine and it wiggles a bit and I can hear/feel it moving.

6. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

If it bothers you take it back. Sounds fine to me though.

7. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

+1

8. Optimus Primes thread starter macrumors member

What is it with people telling everyone to take it back? Every thread I have read here is either hey he paid money for it so he should take it back or hey get a life. :confused:

I asked if anyone of you have the same thing as I described here. If you do or dont, either way post it if interested. I will take it back if I feel the need after seeing that people have this or its just me.

9. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

I don't have a MacBook or a MacBook Pro so take what you will from this. I presently own a G4 iMac and a G3 iMac, in both cases the power button can be moved a little from side to side. In the G4's case it can be made to make a bit of a rattling sound by moving it. The G3 was used for over 5 years and still works. The G4 is almost 7 years old and still works. YMMV.

10. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

Mine is quite firm.