Power cables for MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Croker, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Croker macrumors newbie

Croker

Hello, all - just a quick query.

I'm hoping to get an rMBP (probably a 13") over the summer. Later in the year (about Sep/Oct) I'm moving to Australia. I live in the UK at the moment.

Having never owned a Macbook of any description before, as I rock a Mac Mini at home, I'm just curious about the power cables; obviously I will get a UK mains cable when I buy it here, but are the Macbooks configured to take power cables from other countries, too? Or will I be doomed to always use it with a travel adaptor?

I don't mind either way (although just being able to buy an Australian power cable when I get there would save some messing about), but I'd appreciate a heads-up.

Sorry for such an uber-noob question, by the way :D

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

The duckhead is all that matters.

Having purchased my Macs in Malaysia (with UK 3-pin plugs), all I did was just buy Australian duckheads for the power bricks of the chargers and also Aussie cables for the iMacs and nMPs when I returned to Melbourne.

They all work fine.

3. Croker thread starter macrumors newbie

Croker

Thanks very much; that's exactly what I expected but it's nice to have it confirmed. Also, it's Melbourne I'm moving to, so that's a nice coincidence!

4. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Haha, we should totally meet up for tea one day perhaps, Melbourne's got a very rich coffee culture, especially around Carlton :)