Power cables for MBP

Croker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Hello, all - just a quick query.

I'm hoping to get an rMBP (probably a 13") over the summer. Later in the year (about Sep/Oct) I'm moving to Australia. I live in the UK at the moment.

Having never owned a Macbook of any description before, as I rock a Mac Mini at home, I'm just curious about the power cables; obviously I will get a UK mains cable when I buy it here, but are the Macbooks configured to take power cables from other countries, too? Or will I be doomed to always use it with a travel adaptor?

I don't mind either way (although just being able to buy an Australian power cable when I get there would save some messing about), but I'd appreciate a heads-up.

Sorry for such an uber-noob question, by the way :D

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
Hello, all - just a quick query.

I'm hoping to get an rMBP (probably a 13") over the summer. Later in the year (about Sep/Oct) I'm moving to Australia. I live in the UK at the moment.

Having never owned a Macbook of any description before, as I rock a Mac Mini at home, I'm just curious about the power cables; obviously I will get a UK mains cable when I buy it here, but are the Macbooks configured to take power cables from other countries, too? Or will I be doomed to always use it with a travel adaptor?

I don't mind either way (although just being able to buy an Australian power cable when I get there would save some messing about), but I'd appreciate a heads-up.

Sorry for such an uber-noob question, by the way :D
The duckhead is all that matters.

Having purchased my Macs in Malaysia (with UK 3-pin plugs), all I did was just buy Australian duckheads for the power bricks of the chargers and also Aussie cables for the iMacs and nMPs when I returned to Melbourne.

They all work fine.

Croker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
The duckhead is all that matters.

Having purchased my Macs in Malaysia (with UK 3-pin plugs), all I did was just buy Australian duckheads for the power bricks of the chargers and also Aussie cables for the iMacs and nMPs when I returned to Melbourne.

They all work fine.
Thanks very much; that's exactly what I expected but it's nice to have it confirmed. Also, it's Melbourne I'm moving to, so that's a nice coincidence!