Power/Charing MacBook 1.83 Core Duo help

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ThirteenXIII, Jul 11, 2010.

1. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

Trying to figure out whats up with one of our older MacBooks.
    A few months ago the macbook stopped charging batteries, the MagSafe would show a faint green light, though it works with other MacBooks/MacBook Pro 13's.
    Put a brand new battery in and it works fine, in this MacBook and other 13" white macbooks. and would charge in them as well.

So essentially the problem is the battery doesnt charge when its plugged in to this particular MacBook.
    If I recall the original battery could be charged with this unit and was working for awhile then abruptly it stopped so im not sure if its a DC board issue or the battery board where the battery connects to on the inside and not sure whats the best place to buy parts for this machine since its fairly old yet stillneed to use it.

*EDIT*
    Should also state that it works fine when its plugged into the powersource/magsafe however when it gets unplugged the machine shuts down even though the battery is in there.
    I can charge the battery fine on another macbook and put it back into this MacBook unit and it works off the battery just fine....

Here is the MacBook info:

Battery Info:

2. BigTroll macrumors member

hi, i also have your same model of macbook, iam not sure what causes this problem but i have seen lots of macbooks on ebay used with the same thing, i believe its the power managment unit dying and not wanting to charge the battery, unfortunately i don't think theres an easy fix.