Power Configuration_Automation

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BrandonMiller, Dec 10, 2012.

1. BrandonMiller macrumors newbie

Does anybody know how to configure the power settings of an iPad 3 6.0.1 so that when AC power is supplied the iPad automatically turns on and when AC power is shut off the iPad either shuts off or goes into sleep mode? I know this is possible via jailbreaking it and using Activator, but is there a way to do it without jailbreaking the device? I work at a museum and we are planning on using an iPad in an exhibit that has to be as autonomous as possible since there are some days where nobody from my department will be in.

Any ideas, thoughts, solutions would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Not sure what you mean -- iPads go into sleep after a few minutes of not being used unless you change this in settings. I believe the default was to go into sleep after 1 or 3 minutes, I forget which, and you can set this to several different time intervals. This happens regardless of whether the iPad is plugged into a power source or not.

And if an iPad is turned off, then plugging it into a power source does turn it on. I don't know of a way to change this behavior.

So unless I'm misunderstanding you, the iPad does what you want by default.

3. BrandonMiller thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply.

My problem is that I do not want the iPad to go into sleep mode unless the AC power is disconnected (when the museum gets shut down) and when the AC power is turned back on (when the museum is turning on for the day) I want it to open up into an app without the requirement of a password or a swipe-in. I've been looking for a while now and have not been able to find anything. It seems like something impossible to do unless it is jailbroken, but I was hoping that maybe someone knew of an app that could accomplish this?
    Any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks

4. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

I'm not familiar with what's out there, but I'd do a search for "kiosk" in the App store, and "ipad kiosk" in Google (or your favorite search engine).

Clint

5. BrandonMiller thread starter macrumors newbie

I just finally got ahold of someone from KioskPro and their Kiosk Pro Plus version does have a sleep/wake mode scheduler...the only problem is that when it wakes up the ipad it goes to the lock-screen. Oh well, I appreciate your guys' help.

http://www.kioskproapp.com/itunes-apps