Power Consumption

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MarkW19, Mar 8, 2008.

1. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

I was wondering if anyone knows how much power a MBP would consume when it's asleep, compared to when it's fully off (shut down)?

Also, when my MBP is off, and the battery is fully charged, if the power adaptor is still plugged in, is the power adaptor actually still using any power?

2. digitalpencil macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

Don't know exactly but it barely uses any. It only powers the RAM when sleeping so it's power consumption is proportional to the amount of RAM in your machine.

3. MarkW19 thread starter macrumors 65816

Cool, thanks. I want to keep my MBP in clamshell mode most of the time, with it asleep at night, as opening the lid/powering on/closing/rewaking from external keyboard every day would get very tedious :p

What about when the power adaptor has fully charged the battery, and the computer is fully off? Any power consumption?

4. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

The Macbook Pro is Energy Star compliant so I doubt you have to worry about it being a "vampire appliance."

5. MarkW19 thread starter macrumors 65816

Okay, thanks. I was just wondering with it being a laptop, and therefore the battery is being charged even when the computer is off. But I guess it stops drawing power altogether once the battery is full.