Power Cord for Ooold iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by anirban, Sep 17, 2008.

1. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

Hello all!

A friend of mine recently purchased a old iMac- the one with colored casing, and the slot loading drive in the front. The computer does not come with a power cord. I think it was made between 1999-2003.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a power cord for the computer.

I don't have access to the computer to give you folks the exact model name, but will try to find out ASAP.

Thanks a lot!

2. applefan1997 macrumors 6502

They use any standard computer cord, the kind you find on monitors, PC's, Macs.

3. rfruth macrumors regular

rfruth

My G3 likes a straight in (not 90 degree) cord, its a standard household item :eek:

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Yep, CompUSA used to sell em for a couple bucks in the bargain bin.

Likely should be available anywhere computers are stuff are sold.

Shop around, they shouldn't be too much.

Just look at the shape of the hole where it plugs in, and you should be able to find them easy.

Shop online to see who is selling them cheapest -- Best Buy, Staples, Radio Shack, Wal-mart, etc. Might be around $10-15 for a 10-15ft Computer Power Cord.

5. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

seriously, they are freaking everywhere. they are taking over the world. way more worried about the fast replicating cords than global warming. :eek:

drop me a pm with an address and i'll slow boat (USPS) one your way.

6. anirban thread starter macrumors 6502a

anirban

Thanks a lot folks!

Yeah, I am an idiot, when I posted I hadn't seen the computer then. I just saw it now, and sure enough as you all said- its a standard cord... I have 6 of them lying in my parts bin.... I feel lame to have asked such a stupid question :eek:

Thanks a lot!