Power Cord makes me authenticate twice?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pilot1226, Mar 31, 2010.

1. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

Hi all,

Running OS 10.4.11 on my iBook G4.

When my computer is in sleep mode (unplugged and running off the battery), and I attach the power cord, the computer wakes from sleep mode, regardless of the fact that the monitor is down and locked.

So, I lift the lid because I'm ready to use it now, and it makes me authenticate (as well it should because I have this preference set) and once I do, it goes right back into sleep mode again.

A simple tap of the trackpad brings it out of sleep mode, then again I have to authenticate.

Of course, I could always open the lid first, then authenticate, then connect the power cord, but I'd prefer to not have to, in the event that I'm not using the Mac and just trying to soak a couple minutes of juice from a power outlet without opening the lid (think public places, coffee shops, etc).

Any idea why this behavior? Can I disable a "Wake on Power Connect" somewhere in Preferences?

Thanks.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

3. pilot1226 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

Eh, I don't know if I'm comfortable with resetting the PMU, everything is working properly. This was just a "quirk" or annoyance, was wondering if there was a quick fix.

I'll live with it.