Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kastenbrust

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2008
North Korea
Happens if you bend or curl it, if your still under warranty and nice the Geniuses in an Apple store should replace it for you, if theyre not feeling happy, then you'll have to buy a new one yourself. Make sure you get the right one from the Apple site if you do have to purchase it yourself, and not a Macbook one, which may be cheaper and infact work, but is completely wrong for your computer.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
If the cable is tearing; it's a known issue, most likely attributed to users wrapping their cord too tightly.

Normally Apple will replace it, if your computer is under warranty.

rhyx

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
Anybody else having this problem?

I've had it splitting right where the wire meets the plastic magsafe connector. There's a space where I see the wire exposed. Thinking of calling Apple to get a new one as it is a shock hazard.

DirtyDan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
Nevada, Texas
Thanks for the responses guys!

I'm going to the apple store this weekend to get my ram upgraded to 4gb anyways, so I'll just get them to replace it then.

Thanks again for everyone's responses.

rhyx

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
Happens if you bend or curl it, if your still under warranty and nice the Geniuses in an Apple store should replace it for you, if theyre not feeling happy, then you'll have to buy a new one yourself. Make sure you get the right one from the Apple site if you do have to purchase it yourself, and not a Macbook one, which may be cheaper and infact work, but is completely wrong for your computer.

It will work. I've heard it just won't charge the battery as fast (if at all).

kastenbrust

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2008
North Korea
It will work. I've heard it just won't charge the battery as fast (if at all).

I said it would work, but if your using a Macbook Pro charger with a Macbook you burn out the chipset, and if you use a Macbook charger with the Pro you get slower charging, decreased battery life, lower CPU performance, and a burned out charger.

semitry

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2008
I said it would work, but if your using a Macbook Pro charger with a Macbook you burn out the chipset, and if you use a Macbook charger with the Pro you get slower charging, decreased battery life, lower CPU performance, and a burned out charger.

Why would you decrease battery life? And why would you burn out the charger?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.