Power Cord to MacBook Not Connecting

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wvuwhat, Jan 13, 2010.

1. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

The interior of the magnetic Apple power cord has 5 little prongs. 2 of mine are recessed and I have to bang it on the table to get them to come out from the interior of the plug. Hard to explain, but basically, the most annoying thing I have dealt with.

I'm trying to get this fixed. This is my second one that has crapped out, the first started fraying at the end. I take care of my stuff and this is really starting to make me mad. Sometimes it'll take me 20-30 tries to get it to connect and stay connected in order to charge. And...forget about even moving the MB, because even the slightest move makes me lose the connection.

I bought this at Best Buy a year ago, maybe a tad more. Best Buy wouldn't do anything for me without a receipt. Understandable.

If I go to the Apple store would they be willing to exchange for a new one? Or does anyone have a DIY solution for this? As a multiple Apple product owner this really is disheartening.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Probably. You could always try phone support first... they might even send you a new one so you don't even have to mess around with getting to an Apple Store.