Power LED acting strange..!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Amerabian, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Amerabian macrumors regular

This issue has been going on for about a month now.

The LED of the connector at the end of the power cable used to light up 100% of the time, either green, or yellow when charging.

Lately and randomly, I noticed the green light was very dim.. I just moved it lightly and it went back to the regular brightness again.

Last night I noticed the LED was completely off.. But the energy indicator at the status bar was normal (charged). Again, I moved the cable a little bit and it lit up to the bright green color. :confused:

I've just checked my warranty, still have 7 months to go. I'm planning to buy AppleCare within these 7 months cause I'm planning to keep my MBP for at least 3-4 more years.

Currently, I'm in the middle east and there are no :apple: stores around.

I'm feeling like some problems will start to manifest and I'm afraid of not being able to fix them if they do until I get back to the U.S

I'm starting to get worried... :(

2. harrisondavies macrumors 6502

harrisondavies

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Is this Lion? this happened frequently to me on Lion but never on snow leopard

3. Amerabian, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011

Amerabian thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think I've ever had this happen before I upgraded to Lion. :eek:

Any more input/observations, people?