Power Mac 6100's hardware - can I use it?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Cyanaether22, May 13, 2009.

1. Cyanaether22 macrumors newbie

Hey! I've recently taken apart my old Power Mac 6100. Most of it is really old and crap, no point in keeping it except for educational purposes...

But the floppy drive does interest me, seeing as I don't have one on any of my other computers. Is there any way to hook this floppy drive (1.44 Superdrive) up to the following machines

iMac G3 350MHz slot-loading
    eMac G4 1.42 GHz superdrive
    Dell Latitude CPi a366xt Pentium2 366MHz

I'd also be interested in getting my hard drive hooked up to any of the above computers so i could copy its contents onto the net.

any ideas? i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to internal computer parts, but I know that i took apart the computer without wrecking anything.

2. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

You're not going to find the serial connector inside any of the new Macs that will work. If you really need a floppy drive, just get a USB one.

3. Cyanaether22 thread starter macrumors newbie

hi! thanks for the quick reply.

That's what I figured also. There doesn't seem to be very much info about what computers use what kind of "serial connectors".

Is there anyone that knows the latest computer model that still uses the same serial connectors as this power mac 6100?

or is there any information i can use to figure this out for myself?

thanks,
    teagan

4. nanofrog macrumors G4