Power Mac: Buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Xephian, Jul 28, 2005.

  1. Xephian macrumors 6502a


    May 2, 2005
    United States
    Do you think it would be good to buy a Power Mac G5 2.7Ghz with a 6800 GT and a 30" ACD now? Or should I wait for Apple's Paris Expo in September? After hearing about the Power Mac shortages, nVIDIA's new Geforce 7800 GTX, and the new Dual Core PPC 970 FX I am thinking there might be an update for atleast one of these things at the Expo. What are the chances of an update and should I just go ahead and buy this now or wait?
  2. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040


    Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc
  3. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a


    Jun 4, 2002
    Anywhere but here
    If you absolutely need it now, I say take the plunge.
    However, Stevie J. did said that he had alot of great power pc products in the works at the last keynote. So maybe you should wait it out til the Paris Expo and see what ol' steve has in store for us. The update might be something amazing like dual-core systems or something mundane: same G5's but in five fruity colors.

Share This Page