Power Mac G4 QS for $50!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by davidg4781, Jun 6, 2014.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68020

I'm really tempted to pick this one up. CL add says Excellent condition. The guy has this one and an older G4, $50 each or $100 for both.

Doesn't have the model number though. It's running Snow Leopard. No discs either, but he says Apple has them available on their site. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I think I'll pass. It looks great but he has no idea what he's talking about and the risks are too high.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

If it's running Snow Leopard it's not a PowerPC Mac and it's not a Quicksilver.

If it does indeed look like a Quicksilver then the seller is exaggerating, or as you said has no idea what he's talking about. Maybe he's confusing Snow Leopard with Leopard. Leopard (not Snow Leopard) is the max that can run on ANY PowerPC Mac.

3. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

50 is about fair since it's local and you don't need to pay shipping. Personally, I wouldn't pay that unless it was at least a dual processor with all or nearly max RAM. Once you get into G4 territory, they all should be under 75 bucks no matter what the specs are.

4. tampasteve macrumors 6502

Can you post a link to the add? I would like to read his discription and see if there are any pics...

5. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68020

6. jruschme macrumors 6502

jruschme

Definately a Quicksilver with a Zip drive. Pity there are no detailed specs.

Personally, I think the pass is a good idea.

7. jrsx macrumors 65816

jrsx

8. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

Ad says posted 26 days ago...throw him a lowball offer...never hurts trying.