Power Mac G4

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by davidg4781, Jan 6, 2014.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

So there's a Power Mac G4 for sale on CL for $60. Quicksilver, 800MHz, 768MB of RAM, I think an 80GB HDD. Tiger. Comes with the black Pro Keyboard, an off brand CRT monitor, and Tiger discs.

Thoughts? The price is good but I'd rather have a DP, although it's more of a want and definitely not a need.

2. And macrumors 6502

And

Given how cheap these are these days, you may as well wait for an 867 MHz at the same price (or less!?), you can run leopard that way without going through complicated hoops to trick the installer.

3. FigmentNewtonII macrumors member

This. I'd search for something with DP and with a clock speed either at 1GHz or higher or at least to run 10.5.

4. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

I think I was mostly wanting the QS to run Tiger and maybe even OS 9... but I'm not sure I even need to. It was mostly to play games and stuff but I have an iMac I can use to play under Classic. It was just going to be to play around with.

I think I'm going to pass on this unless someone can tell me it's an awesome deal or something.

----------

That's what I'm thinking. I do want to transfer some VHS tapes to DVD. If I get a good PowerMac I'm thinking I can use that to record it. I think I'll do the editing on the MBP just because it'll have newer software and may be quicker, although maybe not much since it'll be in SD.

5. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Offer $40 or $45 and see if they take it. Tiger disks if retail justify a little extra value.

6. KeegM480 macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

The only suggestion I have for you is this, I know majority of the people in my area (within 50 miles) don't reasonably price any old Mac's or sell them much. If they come up often, wait if not, check it out make sure it works, see if you can get it for $50!

Example:

Attached Files:

7. ifrit05 macrumors regular

ifrit05

Off topic: Ann Arbor is only an hour away from me lol.