Power Mac G5 with two optical drives?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by pposthoorn, Sep 14, 2013.

1. pposthoorn macrumors member

I have a simple question to which I can't find the answer:

Did Apple ever make a Power Mac G5 with 2 optical drives?

2. ihuman:D macrumors 6502a

3. pposthoorn thread starter macrumors member

Oké thanks!

So if I see a power Mac being offered with two optical drive bay slots it must be a Mac Pro and the owner just doesn't know the difference :p

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

That's right.

Lots of people sell PowerMac Pros and MacPro G5s. :confused:

5. pposthoorn thread starter macrumors member

Great news. Lets see if I can get these Mac Pros for a Power Mac price ;)

6. Cox Orange, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013

Cox Orange macrumors 68000

There are even people on EBay that google, see the picture and read the specs under it and think this was the only model ever built.

I won a Dual 2,7GHz, which turned out to be a Dual 1,8GHz with only four RAM Banks (so not only a 1,8GHz model, but even one with only 4 RAM Slots).

The seller said, he didn't know, but refused to take it back and claimed, since he said in the auction text, that he would not take it back, he was on the right side. The end of the story was, I discussed over 2 months with him (already took effort to get him to even send the Mac, which was still considered to be a Dual 2,7GHz at this time) and had to thread with police and stuff (though I am not that kind of guy, I am very nice to people actually ;)).
    He was so stupid, that I was able to google his school, he had just left, his amazon reviewer account and facebook account. It turned out, he was a pupil living in a part of Berlin (Berlin-Neu-Kölln), that is known for social tensions and all that stuff.

The other time a won a Quad from a graphics agency, that turned out to be a 2,3GHz DC.

If I am interested in something, I now always ask them to send me the serial or specification code at the bottom of the housing (or on the back in case of PM G4s) or

7. pposthoorn thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the heads up, it sure sucks when you get something worse than you ordered.

In my case I have a picture of the actual product, not from Internet. So I should be fine..

8. Soba macrumors member

Soba

It sounds like you got this resolved already, but for future reference: Even if a seller does not accept returns, this applies only to reasons such as the buyer changing his mind or disliking the item. The seller must always describe the item accurately and make amends if there is an error. You can report them to eBay and have your money returned forcibly if they refuse, as misrepresenting an item is fraud.

9. Cox Orange macrumors 68000

Thanks Soba. Yes, I know. In local law it even says something like "the contract of buying is not existent, if the item differs in a feature, that is specific for the item" (translated).