Power Mac HD problems Ram Video Card????

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by okiee82, May 6, 2010.

1. okiee82 macrumors newbie

I recently bought a G5 Dual 2.0 2gb ram for cheap! You dont have to say it Mac Mini probably a better idea but it was only $200.00... Everything seems to run very good on it although I have not tried Final Cut Studio 2 on it yet from what I have read it will run just not as fast as you out there with the eight core and your 16gb ram..:)

I have a Ge Force 5200 64mb with just one 20 inch new model cinema display. I tried to watch a 720p video from apple's website and the video was stuttering but the audio was fine .... I would love suggestions on what I should do to be able to do the following

Edit Mostly Mini DV but some HD (Final Cut Studio 2)
    (even if it takes a little longer just my stuff for now anyway)
    Motion 3
    (be able to do some basic stuff nothing really in depth but HD)
    DVD Studio Pro
    (able to burn std def dvd's)
    Watch Video's from the web in HD Without stuttering
    (not the connection speed for sure)
    Adding a Second 20 to 23 Inch Screen
    (DVI)
    (I have done everything else already on this machine and it all works very nice and it is actually not that slow)

If you could make suggestions that would be very helpful!!!! such as Ram, Video Card. also where to find it if not on Ebay...

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ADVICE

"HAPPY APPLE OWNER ONCE AGAIN! EVEN IF A SLOWER MACHINE"
    (been on a PC for 6 years not fun!)

2. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

I would try to blow all the dust out of it first. If you have an air compressor it works great since those little cans of compress air are expensive and not to mention they freeze up after a while.

I remember my dual 1.8 would play 720p just fine so you should look into other things like more memory or a full install of the OS.

3. okiee82 thread starter macrumors newbie

Video Card

So you think the video card is ok for what I am doing? Also I just did a clean install of the os