Power Macintosh 5400/200 - looking for a keyboard, mouse, and power cord

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by TheLaw, Aug 25, 2012.

1. TheLaw macrumors newbie

I recently found my PowerMac 5400 from my school days and want to see if i can get it working again; however, all I seem to have is the computer/monitor itself.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to find, online or offline, a keyboard, mouse, and power cord?

Thanks!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Any ADB keyboard or mouse would do. I suggest eBay. As for the power cable, they're just regular computer power cords. You might have a box of them around. If not, you can barrow one from your TV, monitor, computer, etc.

3. TheLaw thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That stands for Apple Desktop Bus. It is the name of the connector used on mice, keyboards, and other simple peripherals on Macs of that time. It uses the same physical connector as S-Video, but they are not electronically compatible. It's almost like older PS/2 mice and keyboards. Note: ADB is supposed to be hot swappable like USB and FireWire, but it should never be hot swapped. Doing so can lead to a burnt out logicboard. Always power off the Mac before plugging or unplugging an ADB device.

5. TheLaw thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank-you. I was able to find some keyboards on ebay. I had been searching for power macintosh 5400 and not finding anything.

Now I just have to scrounge up a power cord.