Power on problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Pajopearl, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Pajopearl macrumors newbie

Have an iPhone 3G and was working perfectly up until last night. Went to bed and plugged it in as normal, phone had died about 3 hrs previously. Left it to charge overnight and tried switching it on this morning but it would only go as far as the apple logo and then power down again. There is a good charge in the battery but it just won't go past the apple logo before powering down by itself. Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

2. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

What happens when you plug it into iTunes? Try a reset by holding down the power and home buttons for 10 seconds. This will not delete your data.

3. Pajopearl thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried all that. Plugged it into iTunes and iTunes doesn't recognise the phone. Tried all the different suggestions I've seen on here (putting into recovery mode etc...) I'm completely at a loss.

4. Amylittlehands macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me, did you fix it?

I'm looking to replace the battery and dock connector