Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RAWKET

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
so heres what happen.... i put my G4 in storage for a month and now that i got it out and went to start it up ...it turns on and immediately shows the grey apple and circle ( as it usually does) but after 5-10 seconds the screen goes blue and stays blue forever. i was wondering if anyone knows how i can fix this or which parts i ned to replace..... your help will be greatly appreciated

76ShovelHead

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2010
Florida
Maybe this will work.

You should let is sit loading all night, usually problems like these fix themselves. If it still fails to boot completely by the time you wake up, then i'd suggest reinstalling Mac OS 10.

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
so heres what happen.... i put my G4 in storage for a month and now that i got it out and went to start it up ...it turns on and immediately shows the grey apple and circle ( as it usually does) but after 5-10 seconds the screen goes blue and stays blue forever. i was wondering if anyone knows how i can fix this or which parts i ned to replace..... your help will be greatly appreciated

You could try booting from a DVD and repairing permissions. Alternatively it might have been bashed about during the move to and from storage and that might have had an affect on the HDD. Unlikely though. Permissions likely to be your best bet!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.