Power plug for fully charged iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by KoolAid-Drink, Sep 18, 2013.

1. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

With iOS 6 and earlier, once my iPhone was fully charged, it would display a "plug" icon, reassuring me that my iPhone was 100% at charge. With iOS 7, it's still on the "thunderbolt" icon and has been for about an hour. It says 100%, though.

Has the power plug icon been discontinued in iOS 7 in favor of a static thunderbolt icon when charging/been charged? Hope not, but I could be wrong.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

No more power plug or flashing charging icon.

3. KoolAid-Drink thread starter macrumors 65816

Yep, just confirmed. iTunes shows the power plug icon next to my iPhone, while it's still showing the thunderbolt icon on my iPhone screen itself.

IMHO, bad design decision. :confused: It was always reassuring to me knowing that my iPhone was fully charged, and I liked how that power plug icon would tell me what I needed to know. It was cute as well.

Oh, well. Loving iOS 7 other than a few rough edges, so I guess I can live without the power plug icon!

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Once you see 100% that's pretty much more than good enough.

5. truelies macrumors regular

This is the biggest problem on ios 7. For ios 6 if it at 100%, normally will last 10 minutes until the icon change to fully charged. For ios 7, you can't know if it was changed of not, because at 100% not always means fully charged.

6. hafr macrumors 68030

I was missing the icon as well, wondering where it had gone. But I just assumed, for no reason what so ever, that they'd changed the meter. Instead of charging for like fifteen minutes on 100 % before being full, the switching to 100 % would now be the equivalent of a plug symbol.

But now, I realise my assumption might be all wrong :)

7. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

If you have the % option turned off, how do you know it's done? :)

8. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

If this is this biggest problem in IOS 7 then you should be VERY satisfied.

9. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

When you wake your phone, you're phones charge % will be shown on the screen briefly.