Power plug has something stuck in it HELP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hancock, Mar 8, 2008.

1. hancock macrumors member

Ok so I just gave my mom my powerbook g4 12" 1.33 to replace her ibook g4 12" that is almost not functional anymore, and what do you know in only 2 days the tip rips of of her 3rd party power adapter somehow and gets stuck in the power plug. I tried to remove it with a tweezers but I cannot seem to get a grip on the small tip. Anyway I have read about replacing the dc-in board but I was wondering first of all is it possible to only replace the little tip which the tip is stuck in with the one from my mom's old ibook g4 or is it not possible to remove the tip from the dc-in board? If it is not can i replace the entire dc-in board of the powerbook with the one from the ibook? Thanks for your help in advance!:D

2. christopher3071 macrumors regular

have access to a pair of needle-nose pliers? They could fit. Not sure. I'd try before replacing ancient antique parts though, for sure.

3. hancock thread starter macrumors member

Yea i tried those are way to big to fit. Tweezers are the only things i could find that fit. I wish i could just rip it out but it simply wont budge.

4. davinche macrumors regular

davinche

Have you cracked the case? Sometimes the slot for the power adapter isn't fully enclosed and you might be able to use a small screw driver to push it out that way.