power problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nillox, Jun 29, 2008.

1. nillox macrumors newbie

Before, when i would close my mac book and not have the power adapter attached, the battery would stay the same. But now, it uses up all my battery. None of my preferences have changed (i think) i have the sliders set to 'never' for display and computer to sleep but i dont think thats the problem. The internet connection gets cut off when i close the lid but all the power gets sucked out for some reason.

Would this be be a problem with the battery or just a setting thats changed?

2. Matek macrumors 6502a

This isn't a problem at all.

The battery doesn't stay the same when you close the lid, you obviousely just failed to notice it. Although the computer appears to be off, the memory is still active and slowly consumes power.

The only way your computer will not use electricity is to shut it down before you close the lid.

3. nillox thread starter macrumors newbie

well before, as in a couple of weeks ago, i was able to close the lid and leave it for a day and the battery would still be fine. but now, it'll be charged fully, ill close the lid and wake up in the morning and the battery will be dead. id have only left it for a few hours.

4. nillox thread starter macrumors newbie

its ok now. iv sorted it. i just had'nt selected 'put hard drives to sleep when possible'