Power Saving Tip?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mpossoff, Mar 27, 2010.

1. mpossoff macrumors 68020

When you disable 3g for long calls as suggested does Edge automatically come on?

Marc

2. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Yes.

3. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Enable WiFi when available

I have excellent wifi connection in my house. With that being the case should one disable 3g when in this situation?

With my job I'm out and about often. I work at a university. There are many wifi hot spots on campus but often there isn't. In this case to save power without getting consistent wifi and a strong wifi signal what is the best way to handle this situation?

Marc

4. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

No need to disable 3G. iPhone will always join a known wi-fi network automatically, whether at home or at work. So, if you're at work and there's a wi-fi hotspot available that you've already joined before, iPhone will join it. If no network is available then 3G will be selected automatically.

5. mikelangelo11 macrumors newbie

Yes no need to disable 3G. iPhone will always join a wi-fi network automatically.You can save power without getting consistent wifi.

6. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Forgot to mention in my reply to OP that he could download one of the iPhone battery apps and compare estimated battery life for web browsing with WiFi as against browsing with 3G.