Power Settings OSX 10.6.7

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mdcanham, Jun 8, 2011.

1. mdcanham macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I usually use my macbook pro for everyday use (i.e. On a desk or on my lap). However every now and again I plug my laptop into a projector to give a presentation.

The problem that I have is, when I plug my macbook into a projector to give a presentation and I leave it for longer than 10 minutes (Current display sleep setting) both my laptop display and the projector display cut off.

I like to have the 10 minute display sleep setting when I am using my macbook for everyday use, however when I plug my macbook into a projector I would like to easily be able to swap to a different power setting that will have my display sleep set to never. Then as soon as I am finished with my presentation I can easily swap it back to its original power settings.

I can remember from somewhere that it is possible to have different "Energy Saver" settings under the battery section of the menu bar. That way I could just click a button to change my power save preferences.

Is it possible to do this. Or is the only way that I can change the settings, to go to system preferences and change it there?

Thanks in advance,
    M

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Use Caffeine to temporarily override your Energy Saver settings with a click of the mouse.

3. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Yup, go to the App Store on your Mac if possible and download "Caffeine" to enable it to keep the display on and disable the sleeping.

Used it yesterday as a matter of fact to watch the WWDC with no interruptions :D

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You don't need to go to the App Store. You can get it from the link I provided.

5. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

all same difference.