Power settings

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Morrile, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Morrile macrumors member

Morrile

I am new to Mac - having wished I had converted years ago - my new macbook pro is great. Mac makes Windows seem like living in the stone age, but I am rambling.

I have found that it's possible to manually change graphic power settings within energy saver, but is there just that one setting? I would have hoped for an automatic change of settings depending if you are working on mains or battery.

unrelated, does a Mac have a delete key?

Morrile

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Yes. On my iBook running 10.4 there's a box on the top of the preference pane labelled "Settings for: Power Adapter/Battery". Change that to set the preferences for each separately. It may be a bit different for you, but the same concept applies.

On Macs, delete is equivalent to Windows' backspace, and Windows' delete is forward delete on a Mac. Yes, on your MacBook Pro you can access it by pressing function+delete.

3. Morrile thread starter macrumors member

Morrile

thanks

I was hoping to set the Graphics quality for mains & battery automatically. Currently I have to manually change it :(

The MacBook Pro doesn't have a delete key that I can see, but I may be missing something.

Morrile

4. bartelby macrumors Core

Fn + Backspace, as BlueRevolution stated

5. Corrado33 macrumors member

That's interesting because on my MBP it'll automatically change my power settings based on if it's plugged in or if it's running on batteries. When I'm running on batteries the little menu bar will tell me that I'm running on batteries... I think you might be missing something.

Just go into power settings, and there should be a pull down menu that says "Adjust settings for" then you'll see "Running on batteries" or "Plugged in" or something of that sort. At least that's how I remember it (It's been a while since I've changed power settings)