Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dayantis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
I have an American MacBook on the way, and live in the UK.

I'm wondering if I just need a simple adaptor to use the power supply in the UK? What concerns me is that the travel adapters that Apple supply provide power for:

Apple Store said:
Compatible with iBook, MacBook Pro, PowerBook G4, iPod USB Power Adapter, and iPod FireWire Power Adapter.

It is slightly concerning that the power supplies don't list the MacBook, but on the other hand, it could just be the Apple site updatey-people are too busy hurling new stuff around to bother editing old descriptions of adaptors? It seems to cover only older models, and I don't see why they'd design the MB to be a power-bitch, so I'm not too concerned, but it would be nice to have clarification.

Thanks!:D

Nefertiti

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2007
Macbook Travel Adapters

I don't own the kit myself yet, but I actually just called Apple Customer Support to ask about this -- I was told that the kit is compatible with the Macbook. Also, on the "Design" (http://www.apple.com/macbook/design.html) page for the Macbook on the Apple website, there is a small section that advertises the use of the travel adapter kit, so I guess the omission of the Macbook from the kit product page was just an oversight.

If anyone who owns a MB and has used it with the Apple travel adapters can confirm, that would be great.

Paul Wright

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2006
Germany
I don't own the kit myself yet, but I actually just called Apple Customer Support to ask about this -- I was told that the kit is compatible with the Macbook. Also, on the "Design" (http://www.apple.com/macbook/design.html) page for the Macbook on the Apple website, there is a small section that advertises the use of the travel adapter kit, so I guess the omission of the Macbook from the kit product page was just an oversight.

If anyone who owns a MB and has used it with the Apple travel adapters can confirm, that would be great.

Yes im 99% sure it will work though i dont own this, i can put my ipod charger socket onto the one for macbook so yes it will work they probably just missed it without thinking

Dayantis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Good point, thanks! As I don't intend to travel much really, buying the Apple set is a bit of a waste; I'd only use the UK one. Still, thanks for the help - if it works with the Apple adaptor, it'll work with any; travel adaptors are just the same bits of metal inside, just I won't get the white shell. :D

Dayantis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
I can confirm that the MB power is absolutely fine with any adapter, no problems whatsoever, it hasn't even exploded yet! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.